Services we offer
- The format is easy to use and is concise. For each workstep the following is given: Description, Input, Output, Tips & Techniques, Agendas, Roles and Responsibilities, Templates.
- The methodology is a detailed guide telling you exactly ‘how to’ successfully conduct your projects.
- Our training is patterned after the methodology and assists you in successfully implementing it. The author of the methodology also wrote the related training seminars.
- The methodology is relevant and current. It incorporates the Unified Process and uses the notation of the Unified Modeling Language.
- A number of leading Web Development and E-Commerce consulting companies as well as companies writing intranet and mainframe applications are using our services for development methodology and to train their project teams.
- Pierson mentors and trains companies to assist them in implementing the methodology.
Object-Oriented MethodologyPierson’s development methodology can be purchased to provide your organization with:
- work steps
- inputs and outputs
- JAD agendas, tips & techniques
- roles and responsibilities
Data, UML & JAD Techniques
Pierson also offers JAD and Business Analysis training which focuses on a data approach using such techniques as data modeling and dataflow diagramming combined with UML, use cases and JAD techniques for the project initiation, requirements gathering and analysis/design phases of software development projects. Pierson’s Requirements Gathering and Writing Training Seminar Using Data Techniques, JAD, UML and Use Cases – 4 Days is an intensive class for learning how to develop effective business requirements for Data Driven and Data Warehouse Projects.
Pierson’s business analysis training provides a framework for project teams that promotes development iterations throughout the life cycle of a project using a RAD/Agile software development approach. RAD/Agile requirements gathering and design techniques, agendas and scripts to provide project teams with easy implementation are included in Pierson’s Agile Training.
Customized Development Methodology
Pierson can provide you with a customized methodology for Object-Oriented development projects using the notation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and the Unified Process. This customized methodology can be placed on your intranet to serve as a handbook or guide for the software system development teams. This document defines the steps and phases that should be followed, technical modeling options, and refers to quality procedures which should be employed. In this methodology Pierson will provide your company with a repeatable process for:
- Using the notation of UML Modeling and Unified Process
- System Development Life Cycle deliverables
- Joint Application Development (JAD) activities and JAD Session agendas
- Rapid Application Development (RAD)
- Documentation templates
- Best practices to be utilized throughout the Problem Statement, Requirements, Analysis, Design, Construction, Business User Final Acceptance and Transition phases of the system development life cycle.
Pierson can also provide your company with a methodology to evaluate and select a vendor for outsourcing and for evaluation and selection of software packages.
JAD Project Scope Definition
- Use Case Diagram/Mgt. Perspective
- Project Definition Document
JAD Requirements Definition
- Process Flows, Use Cases, & Glossary
- CRCs Role Playing or
- Object Model & Interaction Diagram
- Prototypes & Functional Specification Draft
JAD Reviews/Focus Groups – Prototypes
- Detailed Use Cases & Interaction
- Static Object Model
- Functional Specification
- JAD – Final Prototype Review & Release
- Project Plan
Design the system and database
- Server Object Model, Sequence Diagram
- Design Document
Why use JAD?
Why do facilitated session work?
What is RAD?
What is UML?
IT PROFESSIONALS /